- Tax Benefits and Estate Planning
- Lifestyle Learning
Cost of College
How will I know how much I should contribute if I don’t even know how much college is going to cost?
College costs have been rising at double the inflation rate.1 This means that any grandchild born today will be looking at costs that are three to four times current prices by the time they go to college.
Below are several tools that will help you get a good estimate of how much college will cost.
- Calculators to project savings: One savings planner will help you set your savings goals and estimate how much you'll need to save to help meet them. Another will allow you to set aside a budget on a regular basis, and how those funds could potentially accumulate by the time you need to use them.
- Calculators to predict college costs: No fortune telling required! This easy to use calculator will help determine how much college will cost for your grandchild or grandchildren.
- College In Colorado (a companion organization): This website is full of tools to help parents and grandparents with middle school and college age students help determine things like costs, financial aid availability, college planning timelines.
- Colorado Department of Higher Education (DHE): The DHE’s website offers handy tools to help with admission requirements, tuition and fees, exchange programs and other higher education resources you may need.