- Tax Benefits and Estate Planning
- Lifestyle Learning
Saving for College Isn’t Just for Kids!
Have you always wanted to take a painting or cooking class
? Photography? Or, that architecture-design series?
Lifestyle Learning classes let you do just that … and CollegeInvest savings plans can be used for these and other studies for YOU when they are conducted at eligible institutions, anywhere in the country … even internationally.
Whether you are:
- A senior wanting to learn a new skill
- A stay-at-home mom or dad
- Looking to learn, have fun or expand your horizons
A CollegeInvest college savings plan can provide a pathway to accomplishing your goals.
You know the benefits of sound investments. That’s why a CollegeInvest college savings plan is such a smart choice.
- It’s tax-advantaged for Colorado residents, meaning every dollar you contribute to a CollegeInvest plan can be deducted from your Colorado state income tax.1
- Your funds in the account also grow federal and Colorado state tax-deferred and withdraws used for qualified higher education expenses are federal and Colorado state income tax-free.2
- They can be used at any eligible college, university, community college, trade or vocational school nationwide. So you can study design in D.C., take an art class abroad, or study oceanography in a land-locked state.
Save for your lifestyle plans. Save on your taxes as well.
Learn more about 529s
Learn more about CollegeInvest 529 College Savings Plans
Review an Enrollment Checklist
If there is a specific school or institution you are interested in and would like to know if a 529 savings plan can be used there, visit http://www.savingforcollege.com/eligible_institutions/.
1 Contributions to the Plan(s) are deductible from Colorado State income tax in the tax year of the contribution
, up to your Colorado taxable income for that year. Such deductions are subject to recapture in subsequent years in which non-qualified withdrawals
2 The earnings portion of a non-qualified withdrawal is subject to federal income taxes and any applicable state income tax, as well as an additional 10% federal penalty tax.
To learn about CollegeInvest’s 529 program, its objectives, risks, charges, expenses, limitations, restrictions and qualifications regarding the Plans’ benefits and potential tax advantages, please read and consider carefully the Program Disclosure Statements (PDS) available at www.collegeinvest.org before investing. Also, check with your or your beneficiary’s home state to learn if it offers tax or other benefits for investing in its own plan. Administered and issued by CollegeInvest.
CollegeInvest and the CollegeInvest logo are registered trademarks of CollegeInvest.