- CollegeInvest Savings Plans
- Easy Money
Why Save for College?
Better than a new car. More practical than a pony.
- Higher education leads to higher earnings . Over the course of a lifetime, the earnings difference between a high school diploma and a bachelor’s degree can add up to a million dollars.1 That’s over 60% as much as high school graduates.2
- By 2018, 67% of all jobs in Colorado will require post-secondary education.3
- 86% of all jobs in the current job market require at least a two-year degree.1
- Students gain information and skills that they'll use for the rest of their life, no matter what career they chose.4
Starting soon can have a big impact!
College costs are rising at double the inflation rate.5 This means that kids born today will be looking at costs that are three to four times current prices by the time they go to college. But don’t panic! We can help.
Luckily, there is good news, too!
- Through a combination of savings, income, loans and scholarships, a college education can be attainable. Less than a third of college-age families are able to cover the entire cost of a college education on their own.
- It is never too late to start saving; saving at any age gives you the stepping stones toward your goal.
- Every little bit helps! Even small contributions may cover books, supplies and class fees.
- It’s proven that those who open 529s and save regularly, save more than those who do not6.
- It’s less expensive to save for college than to borrow. When you save, the money potentially earns interest , but when you borrow you pay interest7.
Start saving money for college today (Like Right Now!) and you will be on the road to a better future for your child.