The 529 Scholarship Program for the 2020-21 school year opens on August 3, 2020 and closes on September 30, 2020.
The CollegeInvest 529 Scholarship is designed to award scholarships to Colorado residents of middle-income families who have planned for a higher education by saving with a CollegeInvest 529 College Savings Account.
Any current owner of a CollegeInvest 529 College Savings Account who has been saving with CollegeInvest for 4 years may submit an application to CollegeInvest for the 529 Scholarship Program. The Account Owner must meet certain eligibility criteria as outlined in the Program’s Terms and Conditions, and the Beneficiary of such CollegeInvest Account to which contributions have been made must also meet certain Program eligibility requirements.
- The account owner must be a Colorado resident
- The account must be open a minimum of 4 years as an account owner or beneficiary
- The balance must be at least $2,000 as of the close of the application period (September 30, 2020)
- The beneficiary could receive $2,000 per year, up to 4 awards
- The beneficiary must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and have an EFC up to $45,000 for the school year applicable to the scholarship year
- The beneficiary must be enrolled for the fall semester 2020 in an accredited post-secondary institution (public or private college, university, trade or vocational school across the country) in an undergraduate or graduate degree, or certificate program
- The beneficiary must attend school Full-time at the time the Scholarship is awarded
- Students eligible to receive Federal Financial Aid (such as the Pell Grant) do not qualify for this program
- Enrollment Verification – An official document from the college the beneficiary is attending full time in the fall of 2020 or from the student clearing house at https://www.studentclearinghouse.org/
The CollegeInvest 529 Scholarship is available for awards during the Program year. There is no guarantee that funding for this program in subsequent years will be available. If a determination has been made and funding established by CollegeInvest for subsequent years, current Participants might be eligible to re-apply for the 529 Scholarship for up to four (4) awards based on eligibility criteria applicable during those years.
These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
Please read the complete Terms & Conditions HERE.