CollegeInvest 529 Scholarship Program Terms and Conditions
Our Terms of Agreement
The CollegeInvest 529 Scholarship Program application period is now open.
The CollegeInvest 529 Scholarship Program is designed to award scholarships to Colorado residents of middle-income families who have planned for a higher education by saving with a CollegeInvest 529 College Savings Account.
Any current owner of a CollegeInvest 529 College Savings Account who has been saving with CollegeInvest for 4 years may submit an application to CollegeInvest for the 529 Scholarship Program. The Account Owner must meet certain eligibility criteria as outlined in the Program’s Terms and Conditions, and the Beneficiary of such CollegeInvest Account to which contributions have been made must also meet certain Program eligibility requirements.
- You must be a Colorado resident
- You must be the owner of a CollegeInvest 529 College Savings account
- You must complete the FAFSA
- You must have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) up to $45,000
- You must not be eligible to receive a Federal Pell Grant. Note: If your SAR says “you may be eligible to receive a Federal Pell Grant”, you are not eligible for the 529 Scholarship.
- Must be the Beneficiary of the CollegeInvest 529 College Savings account
- Must be enrolled FULL TIME in an accredited post-secondary institution (public or private college, university, trade or vocational school across the country) in an undergraduate or graduate degree, or certificate program for the Fall Semester of the program year
- Must be in FULL TIME student status when the CollegeInvest 529 Scholarship Program is awarded
CollegeInvest 529 Account requirements
- Must be of one of CollegeInvest 529 Savings account types
- Direct Portfolio
- Scholars Choice
- Smart Choice
- Stable Value Plus
- Must have been opened and maintained for at least four years prior to application
- Must have a minimum balance of $2,000 on the last day of the application period. See Terms & Conditions for application dates.
To apply for the CollegeInvest 529 Scholarship Program, please have the following information ready:
CollegeInvest 529 account information
Full name of the CollegeInvest 529 Savings Account Owner and Beneficiary
CollegeInvest 529 Savings account number
Student Aid Report (SAP) PDF
PDF of the Student Aid Report (SAR) – NOTE: We will not accept password protected SAR’s or confirmation receipt pages.
Expected Family Contribution (EFC) number from the FAFSA SAR
Enrollment Verification for the Fall Semester from the college or from the student clearing house https://www.studentclearinghouse.org/ (We do not accept class schedules or tuition payment receipts)
The CollegeInvest 529 Scholarship Program is available for awards during the Program year. There is no guarantee that funding for this program in subsequent years will be available. If a determination has been made and funding established by CollegeInvest for subsequent years, current Participants might be eligible to re-apply for the CollegeInvest 529 Scholarship Program for up to four (4) awards based on eligibility criteria applicable during those years.
These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.
Please read the complete Terms & Conditions HERE.